Check out this awesome shirt you can WEAVE!!
Tailor’s chalk or something to mark your shirt
needle and thread or sewing machine
*Some of these tools may require adult assistance, so please ask an adult before beginning this project. 🙂
How to make it:
1. Mark with your chalk about 1 inch all the way around the collar of your shirt, then cut along that line. (you can throw this scrap away or save it for another project)
2. Mark with your chalk about three quarters of an inch from the bottom of your shirt, and continue the line all the way around. Cut it out and SAVE this scrap.
3. Do the same thing again, measuring three quarters of an inch from the bottom of your shirt, and cutting all the way around. SAVE this scrap.
4. Sew the two strips together, either with a sewing machine or with a needle and thread, to make one long strip of fabric.
5. Make marks along one side of your shirt starting at the armpit and moving down, making the lines longer the farther down you go (Make your lines closer together and shorter than mine- thick long lines don’t work out too well). Cut along those lines, making sure you cut all the way through both sides of the shirt.
6. Sew one end of the long strip to the inside of the bottom of the shirt to start weaving! Then weave the long strip along the cuts you made, alternating over and under, working your way all the way around the shirt.
7. When you run out of the long strip you’re weaving with, sew it to the inside of the shirt, and you’re ready to go!!
Make sure you send me your designs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a V-neck shirt someone made and sent in… LOVE it!!