1. Decision making & goal setting: If you haven’t already, set your cookie goals! Then decide as a troop what you’d like to do with the troop money earned, such as fun activities and community service projects. Use the COCO Cookie Command as a tool.
2. People skills: Be sure you know your product! Remember to let your customers know what you are selling, why you are selling it, and why they should purchase it. Continue to practice your “sales pitch.” Team up with a friend and take turns being a potential customer. Ask each other questions a customer might ask you.
3. Money management: Since a package of Girl Scout Cookies is $4.00 even, it makes it easy to make change. Make a change “cheat sheet” so that you know how much change to give a customer quickly. Learn how to “count back” change. This is great customer service and this technique will make sure you are collecting the right amount of money and returning the right amount of change.
4. Business ethics: Use some key parts of the Girl Scout Law such as “honest and fair”, “friendly and helpful”, “responsible for what I say and do” and “respect myself and others” to keep yourself on the right track when running your sale.
5. Project Thank You! Did you know GSHCC has an opportunity for customers to give Girl Scout Cookies to the military? Project Thank You will donate Girl Scout Cookies to American Red Cross who will take them to the military personnel serving our country.
More tips coming soon! For more information about the Girl Scout Cookie Program, please visit the GSHCC website.